Hi Blurbies! *waves* As you may all know, my blog is mostly Young Adult. Yep, mostly. That is because I still review Adult, New Adult and Middle Grade genres here as well. Non-fiction, Religious, Erotica or Self-help books are not reviewed under The Bookaholic Blurbs. I am also rarely reviewing Kindle formats but unfortunately, I am not currently going to review self-published books due to traumatic experience unless I agreed to or if I volunteered to.

Please expect that I would only give honest feedback. I understand that there are books that I may dislike but I would try to give transparent reviews so as to avoid influencing others negatively. Rest assured that only books would be reviewed and not the authors. Also, I am not a professional reviewer thus the reviews I post are all based on how I feel toward what I read. I do not get paid in doing this. (Wouldn’t it be nice if I were though HAHA). You won’t see me commenting about the technicalities of grammar but just pure feels.

98% of the books I post here are all mine. (See Stacking the Shelves). The other 2% would be the ones from awesome and generous publishers, authors, giveaway hosts, friends or family.


As long as you’re in the right age for all of this, you can join! I will never be liable if the courier lost or damaged the package. During giveaways,  I painstakingly check if all entries are valid. Shipping for international winners may take time but for local winners, I normally use Xend as the courier.


If you want me to review a book and you would need some blog statistics, kindly shoot me an email and I would gladly respond: thebookaholicblurbs [at] yahoo [dot] com

Please note that if you send a request with the following:

“Dear Blogger” or “Dear The Bookaholic Blurbs”,
or if you send me messages via comments/DM on IG, Facebook or Twitter,
or if you clearly did not read my General Policy,
Am sorry.


I added this July of 2013 and this is the HIGHEST FORM of rating I could ever bestow upon a book. Either the book shook the truth in me, moved my insides, turned my legs into noodles, put me in a 2-day shock or had me cram for all justifying adjectives in the literary world to express my love for it, then the book is simply IT. The book I adored. The PERFECT one. THE ABSOLUTE TTB BOOK!

This means I loved the novel so much that I get book hangover for days. There’s this punch in the stomach effect!

I loved the novel and would also recommend it. One star less means that I find a little flaw in it or the punch is missing.

I liked the novel. Two star less means that I think there might be an improvement in a certain part of the novel. Or I liked it and that’s it.

Succession of disappointments all around. Might be not the way I expected it to be or most probably, the story is underwhelming to me.

A novel that completely annoyed and disappointed me in every aspect I get to question myself. There’s hate for the characters thrown in there.

A Series of Unfortunate Reads = DNF. No matter what I do, I just can’t go on and follow through what I started because everything about the book is absolutely ulk.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s